Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My favourite book and film

"Roadwork  try to be good and find
some answers to the enigma of human pain" S.K.
When I went to school I liked to read a lot, in addition to the obligatory letters, I always looked for other books to read .In one of my searches, I found Stephen King's "Roadwork" thanks to the recommendation of a teacher.It deals with Dawes, the main character, who is led to mental instability when he discovers that his house and the place where he works will be demolished to make an extension of an interstate highway, while in the course of history he lives the mourning for the death of his son and the disintegration of his marriag.What I like about this book is that it shows the limits of a person and what they are willing to do for the things that one loves.Despite not dealing with King's classic style, with fantastic elements or science fiction, "Roadwork" touches a human reality that I had never read before and I loved.If you are a Stephen King fan, I recommend reading "Roadwork" as it is a different work than King writes and reflects an important part of his life.
And my favorite movie is Howl's Moving Castle, a simple and beautiful animated film. It tells the story of Sophie, a shy and innocent young woman, to whom the magic comes to her life in a surprising way.Since I was a kid I watch this movie and it's a story that I see at least once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment